Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Beginnings...

What is an ecojourner? For years I have used "sojourner" as a secondary screen name. As I sat thinking of this venture - my desire to record my struggles with understanding and living a life that is spiritual and ecological (indeed to live a life that understands the spiritual and ecological as one) - the name "ecojourner" seemed naturally fitting. One who sojourns with relation to ecology. A journeyer through environmental understanding, connectedness, activities, prayer, etc.

So that's what this blog is. It is the record of my thoughts - my understandings, or lack thereof, about things that pertain to the spiritual life and to the environment. For instance, how can I reconstruct my life from here forward so that I don't have to drive 35 minutes to school and back? Where do I go after I leave Claremont? How do I make sure the year before Sabrina's (my wife's) internship is not wasted, without trying to ensure its significance in some fearful ego-driven need to be productive or impressive to others (or to myself)? I'll stop here. So that people can actually read this post. And I will try to make my successive posts relatively short. Knowing me, that is probably an empty promise. But I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment