Friday, June 5, 2009

Father's Day

With Father's Day upcoming, I thought I would present some ideas from Nature.org that are not traditional, but, after all, this blog brings the awareness that some traditions have harmed us deeply, spiritually and ecologically.

http://support.nature.org/site/PageServer?pagename=holidaygiving_xx_hgg

There are of course other ecologically/spiritually responsible ways of celebrating Father's day. I will say I have done nothing so noble as planting trees in Brazil this year, though I endorse it highly. I simply want to pass on possibilities for choosing differently. If not now, then some day, or for someone (like me) who would appreciate such a gesture in lieu of "normal" gift givings.

For now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jonathan, I love these ideas.....way better than yet another tie or pack of golf balls that will sit in a drawer, likely unused. Keep the spiritually/ecologically sound ideas coming! Peace, Sarah

    ReplyDelete